A bad suspension system makes an uncomfortable car ride. It’s also dangerous. Tracy’s Automotive can help repair worn shocks and struts.
You were planning to take the kids to the dog exhibit at Exploration Place today. But, to tell the truth, you’e not looking forward to it. Your car is so uncomfortable to ride and drive, you find you’re avoiding going places. An uncomfortable ride is a big indication that there’s something wrong with your suspension system, likely worn shocks and/or struts. But it’s not just discomfort you need to worry about, damaged or worn shocks and struts can make your car hard to drive.
How do you know if it’s time for new shocks and struts or if you can go for a few more miles of teeth-rattling drives?
Geico insurance lists seven signs that your shocks and struts need replacing:
- “Instability at highway speeds. Your vehicle never feels completely stable on the highway and is constantly moving up and down. The movement may be slight, but you notice it.
- “Vehicle “tips” to one side in turns. When taking a sharp turn or an off-ramp, your vehicle leans or “tips” to the outside of the turn and feels wobbly.
- “The front end dives more than expected during hard braking. You may not notice this until you have to jump hard on the brakes.
- “Rear-end squat during acceleration. You’ll notice the front end of your vehicle rising while the rear “squats” during hard acceleration.
- “Tires bouncing excessively. After hitting a bump, you can feel a tire (or tires) reacting or “bouncing” for a time. You may also hear a clunking noise.
- “Unusual tire wear. Because the tire isn’t being held firmly to the road, the tread wears in a wavy manner instead of evenly.
- “Leaking fluid on the exterior of shocks or struts. This is a sign that the seals have broken and the internal fluids essential to proper function are escaping.’
- If you don’t have a trusted Wichita auto repair technician to help you with car repair chores, it’s time to get to know the Wichita auto repair specialists at one of Tracy’s Automotive’s service centers.
Tracy’s Automotive is here to help you. If you don’t have time or feel you can take your car to the shop, Tracy’s Automotive will pick it up at your home or work. Then, after your car is serviced or repaired, Tracy’s Automotive will bring it back to you thoroughly cleaned.
Tracy’s passion for a better tire buying, auto care and auto repair experience drove us to develop the model of Tracy’s Automotive Tire Pros. Tracy’s has turned hard work and inspiration into a booming tire and auto repair provider. Now Tracy’s has three locations and serves customers all over Wichita and Goddard – Maple Street auto care and auto repair, E First Street N and W 21st Street N.. Tracy’s is thrilled to be a part of your family’s trusted brands for all auto repair and tire needs.
Tracy’s Automotive | Maple Street Shocks Struts Suspension | Maple Street Car Care | Wichita Auto Care | Wichita Auto Repair | Maple Street Auto Care | Maple Street Auto Repair
#TracysAutomotive #MapleStreetTires #MapleStreetCarBattery #MapleStreetCarCare #WichitaAutoCare #WichitaAutoRepair #MapleStreetAutoCare #MapleStreetAutoRepair