Tracy’s Automotive will help your tires survive the summer heat.
Although summer won’t officially arrive for a few more days, area temperatures are beginning to climb. Soon, they’ll reach those sweltering summer heights.
The warmer temperatures should act as a warning that it’s time to pay special attention to your car’s tires. Tires, like you, suffer in the summer heat.
“Just as heat takes its toll on people and electric bills, it also impacts car reliability and safety,” according to consumerreports.org.”Hot weather exacerbates heat build-up and weakens the tire, potentially leading to abrupt and sometime catastrophic failure. On a hot 90-degree day …, surface temperatures easily exceed 150-degrees. Think about what your tires are experiencing while you’re enjoying the drive in a cool air-conditioned car.”
Maintaining your tires at the correct inflation will help you avoid damage. So will following these tips, according to consumerreports.org:
- “Check the inflation pressure in each tire (and the spare) when the tires are cold or have sat more than three hours.
- “Inflate the tires to the recommended setting outlined on the tire information placard found most often on the driver’s door jamb and/or the vehicle owner’s manual.
- “Check the tires monthly. Tires will typically lose up to 1 psi per month, and pressure drops about 1 psi for every 10-degree drop in air temperature.
- “Buy a good tire gauge. It’s also a good idea to buy a portable compressor that works off of your car’s power outlet; these are available in many auto parts stores. …
- “Tires also lose air to common punctures, so if you find you’re always adding air to one particular tire, it might have a slow leak. Have it checked out at a service garage.”
You can find help at Tracy’s Automotive.
Tracy’s Automotive is here to help you. If you don’t have time or feel you can take your car to the shop, Tracy’s Automotive will pick it up at your home or work. Then, after your car is serviced or repaired, Tracy’s Automotive will bring it back to you thoroughly cleaned.
Tracy’s passion for a better tire buying, auto care and auto repair experience drove us to develop the model of Tracy’s Automotive Tire Pros. Tracy’s has turned hard work and inspiration into a booming tire and auto repair provider. Now Tracy’s has three locations and serves customers all over Wichita and Goddard – Maple Street auto care and auto repair, E First Street N and W 21st Street N.. Tracy’s is thrilled to be a part of your family’s trusted brands for all auto repair and tire needs.
Tracy’s Automotive | Maple Street Car Care | Wichita Auto Care | Wichita Auto Repair | Maple Street Auto Care | Maple Street Auto Repair | Maple Street Tires | Local Car Repair
#TracysAutomotive #MapleStreetTires #BrakesMapleStreet #MapleStreetCarCare #WichitaAutoCare #WichitaAutoRepair #MapleStreetAutoCare #MapleStreetAutoRepair #LocalCarRepair