You can improve your gas mileage with driving and auto care strategies. Tracy’s Automotive can help you with auto care!
As if the bitterly cold weather wasn’t bad enough news, you see that gas prices in Wichita are back above $3 per gallon. The news is even worse with predictions that prices are expected to increase at least until Memorial Day on May 30.
But don’t despair, Reader’s Digest offers several tips to help increase your gas mileage and keep your car in good repair. Both will mean your car costs less to run.
- Slow down when driving – “Hard acceleration in stop-and-go driving costs you 20 per cent in gas mileage.”
- Keep your tires at the correct pressure.
- Change your spark plugs if they’re nearing the end of their lives.
- Change your air filter.
- Keep your wheels aligned.
- Replace your oxygen sensors – “Oxygen sensors monitor the efficiency of combustion by tracking the amount of oxygen remaining in the exhaust. But they degrade over time and that can cost you up to 15 per cent in gas mileage. When they fail, the computer lights up your “service engine soon” light.”
- Replace a failing thermostat.
- Check for brake drag and have it fixed if necessary.
- Replace your cabin air filter.
- Keep an eye on warning lights – “Car owners think a glowing check engine light isn’t important because it just means you’ve got an “emissions problem.” Guess what? Emissions problems are almost always caused by an incomplete burn and that means you’re not getting the most bang for your buck. In other words, a check light means you’re wasting gas. Worse yet, all that extra gas goes right into your expensive catalytic converter, causing it to fail early.” Then you have to replace your catalytic converter and pay to have the underlying problem solved.
The easiest way to do this is to have a trusted Wichita auto care technician perform regular service on your car. That way, problems can be caught early before they become big issues. But, whether you have your car serviced regularly or only when something goes wrong, you can trust the Wichita auto care specialist at Tracy’s Automotive.
Tracy’s Automotive is here to help you. If you don’t have time or feel you can take your car to the shop, Tracy’s Automotive will pick it up at your home or work. Then, after your car is serviced or repaired, Tracy’s Automotive will bring it back to you thoroughly cleaned.
Tracy’s passion for a better tire buying, auto care and auto repair experience drove us to develop the model of Tracy’s Automotive Tire Pros. Tracy’s has turned hard work and inspiration into a booming tire and auto repair provider. Now Tracy’s has three locations and serves customers all over Wichita and Goddard – Maple Street auto care and auto repair, E First Street N and W 21st Street N.. Tracy’s is thrilled to be a part of your family’s trusted brands for all auto repair and tire needs.
Tracy’s Automotive | Wichita Auto Care | Wichita Auto Repair | Maple Street Auto Care | Maple Street Auto Repair
#TracysAutomotive #MapleStreetCarCare #WichitaAutoCare #WichitaAutoRepair #MapleStreetAutoCare #MapleStreetAutoRepair