If your car is a victim of “severe driving,” a Wichita auto care expert like the Wichita auto care specialists at Tracy’s Automotive can help make sure your car stays in top condition.
You probably think of yourself as a “normal” driver who uses mainly uses your car to get to and from work, run errands, and fun places like the Renaissance Festival. Yeah, sure, you hit the road every so often for a vacation or short road trip, but nothing big.
You’d likely be wrong in thinking you’re “normal.” You’re actually more likely to fall into the “severe driving” category. According to the non-profit Car Care Council, severe driving includes:
- Stop-and-go traffic
- Short commutes
- Heavier loads: cargo, passenger or towing a trailer
- Rough or mountainous roads
- Dusty or salty environments
- Driving in extremely hot or cold weather
“While most driving is considered ‘severe’ according to the definition, limiting the amount of wear and tear on your vehicle, and improving fuel economy, can be achieved in a few easy steps,” said Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council. “By taking action, your vehicle will perform safely, dependably and efficiently with proper maintenance and repairs for years to come, regardless of the driving conditions.”
The council recommends that motorists be car care aware and take a few easy steps to reduce the effects of severe driving on their vehicles.
- Follow the “severe” service schedule in your owner’s manual.
- Check fluids, including oil, and filters more frequently.
- Have certain components such as brakes and shocks inspected more regularly.
- Observe the speed limit. Gas mileage decreases rapidly above 60 mph.
- Avoid quick starts and stops. Aggressive driving can lower gas mileage.
- Don’t haul unneeded items in the trunk as extra weight will reduce fuel economy.
- Keep your car properly tuned to improve gas mileage.
If you’re wondering how to keep up with all that, you need to see the trusted Wichita auto care technicians at Tracy’s Automotive.
Tracy’s passion for a better tire buying, auto care and auto repair experience drove us to develop the model of Tracy’s Automotive Tire Pros. Tracy’s has turned hard work and inspiration into a booming tire and auto repair provider. Now Tracy’s has three locations and serves customers all over Wichita and Goddard. Tracy’s is thrilled to be a part of your family’s trusted brands for all auto repair and tire needs.
Tracy’s Automotive | Wichita Auto Care | Wichita Auto Repair | Tune Up
#TracysAutomotive #WichitaAutoCare #WichitaAutoRepair #TuneUp