Tracy’s Automotive will help you if your car radiator needs to be fixed.
You were headed out for the ski slopes when it happened – your car started running hot and steam began pouring out from under the hood. The firs thing you did was the right move – you pulled your car over to the side of the road and called for help.
“Any indication of engine overheating is a serious problem, so the best course of action is to shut down the engine to prevent further damage to it. Driving a car with an overheated engine can warp cylinder heads and damage the radiator or internal engine parts such as valves, camshafts and pistons,” according to cars.com.
Cars.com lists several reasons for a radiator to malfunction. Among them:
- “The coolant level could be extremely low because of long-term neglect, or because a coolant leak has developed in the radiator or radiator hoses. Coolant circulates inside the engine block to cool it, and the leak might be in the block, or from the water pump or heater hoses. Old coolant loses its corrosion-inhibiting properties, allowing rust to form and ultimately causing damage.
- “The thermostat that allows coolant to circulate may be stuck in the closed position or a clog may have developed, perhaps from debris in the cooling system.
- “The engine cooling fan has stopped working or the radiator’s cooling fins are clogged with debris so that the air flow that reduces the coolant temperature is restricted.
- “The radiator cap has gone bad and no longer maintains enough pressure in the cooling system, allowing coolant to boil over (engines normally operate at about 210 to 220 degrees Fahrenheit).
- “The head gasket that seals the gap between the cylinder head and engine block may have failed, allowing coolant to leak inside the combustion chambers. The steam should be visible coming out of the exhaust system.
- “The water pump has stopped working, or the belt that drives it broke or is slipping and not pumping enough coolant.”
Your best bet at this point is to call a reliable Wichita auto repair pro like the trusted Wichita auto repair technicians at Tracy’s Automotive.
While you’re at Tracy’s Automotive, check into our specials, like free road hazard protection on a set of four tires.
Tracy’s Automotive is here to help you. If you don’t have time or feel you can take your car to the shop, Tracy’s Automotive will pick it up at your home or work. Then, after your car is serviced or repaired, Tracy’s Automotive will bring it back to you thoroughly cleaned.
Tracy’s passion for a better tire buying, auto care and auto repair experience drove us to develop the model of Tracy’s Automotive Tire Pros. Tracy’s has turned hard work and inspiration into a booming tire and auto repair provider. Now Tracy’s has three locations and serves customers all over Wichita and Goddard. Tracy’s is thrilled to be a part of your family’s trusted brands for all auto repair and tire needs.
Tracy’s Automotive | Wichita Radiator | My Car Overheated | Wichita Auto Care | Wichita Auto Repair | Maple Street Auto Care | Maple Street Auto Repair
#TracysAutomotive #WichitaRadiator #MyCarOverheated #WichitaAutoCare #WichitaAutoRepair #MapleStreetAutoCare #MapleStreetAutoRepair