The Top 3 Car Maintenance Tasks You Should Never Skip
We get it! Money is tight these day. But neglecting regular maintenance can lead to costly repairs and even compromise your safety on the road. When deciding what to spend your dollars on, what car maintenance can you get away with putting off and what maintenance should you never skip? The experts at Tracy’s Tire Pros and Automotive in Wichita offer these suggestions to keep your vehicle affordable in the long run.
- Regular Oil Changes. One of the most critical car maintenance tasks is changing the engine oil at regular intervals. Engine oil is the lifeblood of your vehicle, providing lubrication to the engine’s moving parts and helping to dissipate heat. Over time, oil breaks down and becomes contaminated with dirt and debris, making it less effective at protecting your engine. A common rule of thumb is to change your oil every 3,000 to 5,000 miles. (you can consult your owner’s manual or a trusted mechanic for the manufacturer’s recommendations). Regular oil changes are a relatively low-cost maintenance task that can significantly extend your engine’s lifespan and prevent more expensive problems down the line.
- Tire Maintenance. Your car’s tires are the only part of your vehicle that makes direct contact with the road, making tire maintenance a top priority for safety and performance. Here are the top 3 tire maintenance that will help keep them in good shape and save money on costly replacement issue in the future.:
- Tire Pressure: Checking your tire pressure regularly, at least once a month, is a free way to help keep your tires in good shape. Make sure the pressure matches the recommended levels in your owner’s manual. Under-inflated or over-inflated tires can lead to uneven wear and decreased fuel efficiency.
- Tire Rotation: Tires wear unevenly, with the front tires typically wearing faster than the rear ones. Regular tire rotation ensures even wear, prolonging tire life and improving handling.
- Wheel Alignment: Proper wheel alignment ensures that your tires wear evenly and your car tracks straight. How can you tell is your alignment is off? If your car pulls to one side, or the steering wheel is off-center, it’s a sign that your wheels may be misaligned.
- Brake Inspections. Regular brake inspections are key to detecting and addressing any issues before they become a significant and expensive problem. Here are the top 3 brake maintenance investments you should make that will pay off by saving you big bucks on break repairs or replacement:
- Brake Pads: Brake pads wear down over time, and if they become too thin, it can compromise your braking efficiency. Regularly inspect your brake pads and replace them as needed.
- Brake Fluid: Brake fluid plays an important role in transmitting the force from your foot on the brake pedal to the brake calipers. It’s important to check your brake fluid level and quality, ensuring it’s free from contamination and at the right level.
- Brake Rotors: The condition of your brake rotors can affect braking performance. If you notice vibrations or pulsations when you apply the brakes, it might be a sign that your rotors need resurfacing or replacement.
The top three car maintenance tasks mentioned in this blog—regular oil changes, tire maintenance, and brake inspections—should be on the top of your vehicle maintenance list. Neglecting these tasks can lead to costly repairs, reduced fuel efficiency, and even accidents. So, make a habit of scheduling these maintenance tasks.
Check out AAA Auto Club’s list of of car maintenance you can do yourself to save money. And, Tracy’s Tire Pro is always here to help keep your car running affordably and efficiently. Tracy’s Tire Pros has three locations to make your car maintenance convenient: 525 E. 1st Street North, 3804 W. Maple St, or 11770 W. 21st Street N.
Tracy’s Automotive | Wichita Car Care | Wichita Auto Care | Wichita Auto Repair | Maple Street Auto Care | Maple Street Auto Repair | Wichita Tires | Local Car Repair | Wichita Auto Coupons | Auto Coupons
#TracysAutomotive #WichitaTires #BrakesWichita #WichitaCarCare #WichitaAutoCare #WichitaAutoRepair #TracysAutoCare #MapleStreetAutoRepair #LocalCarRepair #WichitaAutoCareNearMe #WichitaAutoCoupons #AutoCoupons #AutoDiagnostics