Regular auto care and maintenance is the best way to avoid expensive car repairs and to make your car last a long time. Tracy’s Automotive can help you with that.
You’re planning on taking the kids to Naftzger Park today for the youth symphony. You figure it’s a good way to keep the kids busy while you relax and plan out your calendar for the rest of April and the beginning of May. High on your list of plans are road trips. After a year of lockdown, you want to go somewhere. Almost anywhere will do.
Your desire to get away from it all is understandable. But you want to make sure you plan the trip well so nothing spoils your getaway. One prime way to make sure your trip will be uneventful is to make sure your car is ready to get on the road.
“Maintaining a dependable vehicle can help you avoid costly repairs and keep you safely motoring,” according to Florida’s Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. The department is encouraging drivers to perform regular maintenance to ensure their autos are road-ready.
“Perform regularly scheduled maintenance to ensure your vehicle is dependable and keeps you safe on the road,” the department says.
The department offers these maintenance tips:
- To ensure the safety of everyone on the road, regularly check for vehicle recalls, including tires, and schedule any necessary repairs. To check for recalls on your vehicle, visit nhtsa.gov/recalls and enter the 17-character vehicle identification number (VIN) found on the driver side of your vehicle’s dashboard or on your vehicle registration.
- Tires are your car’s first line of defense on the road and should be checked monthly for damage, tread wear and proper inflation. Never drive on tires over six years old. Don’t forget to check your spare tire and ensure it is in good condition and ready for use.
- Ensuring that your tires are properly balanced and aligned will ensure that your tires wear evenly and last longer. Have your alignment checked annually or at the first sign of improper handling or uneven tire wear. Tires should be rotated every 5,000 miles or as recommended by the tire manufacturer. Balance tires when they are rotated to protect shock absorbers and struts from wear.
- Your braking system is critical to keeping you and others safe on the road. Reliable brakes ensure vehicle control and safe operation in all types of traffic situations and road conditions. If you feel your car begin to pull to one side, shake or make noise when you brake, immediately have your brakes repaired. The longer brakes are left unrepaired, the more likely rotors and drums will need to be replaced, resulting in a much more expensive repair.
- Sun damage and age can cause headlights to yellow and become cloudy. Cloudy headlights can limit your ability to see and be seen on the road. If you have an older car, consider changing the headlight casing or use restorative cleaners to improve visibility.
- Properly functioning windshield wipers play a major role in safe driving in inclement weather. Periodically check windshield wipers and replace as necessary. Noisy or streaky wipers indicate it’s past time for replacement.
- Being stranded on the road is stressful! Periodically check your battery charge and connections to avoid being stuck with a dead battery. Cars driven for short periods of time with frequent on/off engine cycles will lose their battery charge faster, as will vehicles that are not driven for an extended time. If you have an older battery, it may be time to consider replacing it.
- Specially formulated fluids, including motor oil, transmission fluid and coolant, protect your car’s components and keep it running smoothly. Check fluid levels monthly, especially in summer months, and refill or replace as necessary.
You can do some of these yourself, or you can have a trusted Wichita auto care expert check your car before you hit the road. If you’re searching for a reliable Wichita auto care technician, talk with the guys at Tracy’s Automotive. Tracy’s Automotive can help you with car care and car repair.
Tracy’s Automotive is here to help you. If you don’t have time or feel you can take your car to the shop, Tracy’s Automotive will pick it up at your home or work. Then, after your car is serviced or repaired, Tracy’s Automotive will bring it back to you thoroughly cleaned.
Tracy’s passion for a better tire buying, auto care and auto repair experience drove us to develop the model of Tracy’s Automotive Tire Pros. Tracy’s has turned hard work and inspiration into a booming tire and auto repair provider. Now Tracy’s has three locations and serves customers all over Wichita and Goddard. Tracy’s is thrilled to be a part of your family’s trusted brands for all auto repair and tire needs.
Tracy’s Automotive | Wichita Auto Care | Wichita Auto Repair | Maple Street Auto Care | Maple Street Auto Repair
#TracysAutomotive #WichitaAutoCare #WichitaAutoRepair #MapleStreetAutoCare #MapleStreetAutoRepair