It’s time to get your car battery tested before really cold winter weather sets in. Tracy’s Automotive can help you with that.
You were planning on an early morning run on the Arkansas River path. Instead, you were sitting in your living room, looking out the window, waiting for someone to come get your car started because your battery had died.
That’s not surprising. Wichita’s early mornings have been cold recently and cold mornings are notorious for killing off car batteries. According to patch.com, “Dead or dying batteries are always the biggest reasons for the tremendous surge in roadside assistance calls during a cold snap.”
Patch.com offers these facts about batteries:
- “It is a fact of life: cold weather is a battery killer. Make sure the battery terminals and cables are securely attached and free of corrosion. A load test performed by a qualified technician will help determine if a car’s battery is strong enough for cold weather starts.
- “At zero degrees, a car’s battery loses about 60 percent of its strength, yet the engine needs about twice as much power to start!
- “Add to the mix extra items we plug into our cars (cell phone chargers, upgraded audio, and GPS devices) and a battery’s life can be drained even faster. Even at 32 degrees, a battery is 35 percent weaker.”
Just because cold weather is hard on batteries, that doesn’t mean you’re going to be left stranded. You can take a preventive step by having your battery tested before really cold weather sets in. If the battery is iffy, then it’s probably time to replace it. Patch.com also notes that batteries may give warning signals that they’re about to fail:
- “You hear a grinding or clicking sound when you turn on the ignition,
- “Your vehicle cranks slowly when attempting to start.
- “Your headlights dim when idling but brighten when the engine is revved.
- “Your battery is more than three (3) years old.”
If you experience any of these warning signs, or you want your battery tested, see the trusted Wichita auto care technicians at Tracy’s Automotive.
While you’re at Tracy’s Automotive, check into our specials, like free road hazard protection on a set of four tires.
While you’re at Tracy’s Automotive, be sure to sign up for our giveaway of a $150 gift card and a Weber Spirit II E-210 gas grill. The Weber Spirit II E-210 is a two-burner grill that’s built to fit small spaces, and packed with features such as the powerful GS4 grilling system, iGrill capability, and convenient side tables for placing serving trays.
Once you fall in love with the Spirit II E-210, fill out a form. We’ll be giving away one $150 gift card and one grill at each of our locations on Nov. 20. You must enter at one of our service centers. Stay tuned for more details or ask one of the auto pros when you visit one of our service centers.
Tracy’s Automotive is here to help you. If you don’t have time or feel you can take your car to the shop, Tracy’s Automotive will pick it up at your home or work. Then, after your car is serviced or repaired, Tracy’s Automotive will bring it back to you thoroughly cleaned.
Tracy’s passion for a better tire buying, auto care and auto repair experience drove us to develop the model of Tracy’s Automotive Tire Pros. Tracy’s has turned hard work and inspiration into a booming tire and auto repair provider. Now Tracy’s has three locations and serves customers all over Wichita and Goddard. Tracy’s is thrilled to be a part of your family’s trusted brands for all auto repair and tire needs.
Tracy’s Automotive | Wichita Auto Care | Wichita Battery | Wichita Auto Repair | Maple Street Auto Care | Maple Street Auto Repair
#TracysAutomotive #WichitaAutoCare #WichitaBattery #WichitaAutoRepair #MapleStreetAutoCare #MapleStreetAutoRepair