Just because the holiday season is in full swing, don’t forget to have a Wichita auto care pro like the Wichita auto care experts at Tracy’s Automotive pay attention to your car.
You made it through Thanksgiving dinner and took the kids to the Arc’s Lights. Now you’re heading into the height of the holiday season with its shopping, partying and, perhaps, traveling to see family and friends. There’s a lot to do and a lot to keep track of. But don’t forget to take time to care for your car.
Neglecting auto care is almost always costly in the long run, according to the nonprofit Care Care Council. Neglected auto care almost always means much higher costs down the road in the form of more extensive repairs or lost resale value. If you’re traveling by car this holiday season, auto care is even more crucial – a quick vehicle check will help avoid the unplanned expense of a breakdown when on the road:
- Check the tires, including tire pressure and tread. Uneven wear indicates a need for wheel alignment. Tires should also be checked for bulges and bald spots.
- Check all fluids, including engine oil, power steering and brake and transmission, as well as windshield washer solvent and antifreeze/coolant.
- Check the hoses and belts that can become cracked, brittle, frayed, loose or show signs of excessive wear. These are critical to the proper functioning of the electrical system, air conditioning, power steering and the cooling system.
- Check lighting to identify any problems with exterior and interior lighting, as the chance of an accident increases if you can’t see or be seen.
- Check wipers. Wiper blades should be replaced every six months. Make sure the windshield wipers are working properly and keep the reservoir filled with solvent.
The Car Care Council also recommends that motorists restock their emergency kit. To save on fuel costs during the trip, the council suggests that motorists avoid aggressive driving, observe the speed limit and avoid excessive idling. Gas caps that are damaged, loose or missing should be replaced to prevent gas from spilling or evaporating.
“If you’re like most people, you’re busier than ever this time of year and may find yourself putting off vehicle maintenance,” said Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council. “It’s important to remember that routine auto care means big savings by improving fuel economy, extending vehicle life and reducing the chance of costly car trouble.”
If you need a reliable Wichita auto care specialist to oversee your car care, look no further than the certified Wichita auto care technicians at Tracy’s Automotive.
Tracy’s passion for a better tire buying, auto care and auto repair experience drove us to develop the model of Tracy’s Automotive Tire Pros. Tracy’s has turned hard work and inspiration into a booming tire and auto repair provider. Now Tracy’s has three locations and serves customers all over Wichita and Goddard. Tracy’s is thrilled to be a part of your family’s trusted brands for all auto repair and tire needs.
Tracy’s Automotive | Wichita Auto Care | Wichita Auto Repair
#TracysAutomotive #WichitaAutoCare #WichitaAutoRepair