It’s going to be a harsh winter in the Wichita area. Tracy’s Automotive can help you get your car ready for the freezing weather.
If you believe the Farmer’s Almanac, this winter will be a rough one for WIchita, Kansas, and the mid-West.
“Look for this winter to be colder than last. The coldest months will be December, January and February,” the Almanac says. “This upcoming winter in Kansas is expected to be cold — numbingly cold. Glacially cold. ”
That’s great news for people who like cold weather and winter sports. It’s not so great for those of us who like to bask in warm, sunny weather. And it could be bad news for your car unless you take steps to make sure it can survive the coming cold.
“Winter roads can be dangerous, and having to drive somewhere during a winter storm can be a real burden. Make sure your car is prepared for any winter storm or winter driving by servicing your car, driving safely, and packing a winter car emergency kit,” constellation.com says.
Constellation.com notes that it can take some time to get your car ready so it’s wise to start now. Constellation offers this checklist of items to use in prepping your car for winter:
- “Check your tire tread. When getting your car ready for winter, be sure to inspect your tires for tread wear and rotate them during every oil change. …
- “Fill up your tires. Low air pressure in your tires can be potentially dangerous on winter roads. Take your car to a mechanic to check your tire pressure and fill your tires if necessary. …
- “Consider snow [winter] tires. Switching to snow tires, especially in northern countries or mountain areas that get heavy snow on rough terrain, can help driving on snowy and slippery roads. …
- “Change your oil and antifreeze. …
- “Fix your heater. Short drives aren’t too burdensome when you don’t have heat in your car, but consider what would happen if you were stuck in your car for an extended period of time– all the while not having heat. Having a working heater can help prevent daily discomfort, but it can also be a great preventative measure.
- “Inspect your battery. Your vehicle’s battery capacity lessens in cold weather. Be sure your car is prepared for the winter and have a professional inspect your battery’s fluid and cables.”
You can do some of these checks yourself or you can rely on a professional to make sure all is okay. If you don’t have a regular Wichita auto care technician you can rely on, it’s time you met the auto care specialists at Tracy’s Automotive.
Tracy’s Automotive is here to help you. If you don’t have time or feel you can take your car to the shop, Tracy’s Automotive will pick it up at your home or work. Then, after your car is serviced or repaired, Tracy’s Automotive will bring it back to you thoroughly cleaned.
Tracy’s passion for a better tire buying, auto care and auto repair experience drove us to develop the model of Tracy’s Automotive Tire Pros. Tracy’s has turned hard work and inspiration into a booming tire and auto repair provider. Now Tracy’s has three locations and serves customers all over Wichita and Goddard – Maple Street auto care and auto repair, E First Street N and W 21st Street N.. Tracy’s is thrilled to be a part of your family’s trusted brands for all auto repair and tire needs.
Tracy’s Automotive is a proud dealer for Jasper Engines and Vogue Performance Exhaust systems.
Tracy’s Automotive | Maple Street Tune Up | Tune Up Maple Street | Maple Street Car Care | Wichita Auto Care | Wichita Auto Repair | Maple Street Auto Care | Maple Street Auto Repair
#TracysAutomotive #MapleStreetTuneUp #TuneUpMapleStreet #MapleStreetCarBattery #MapleStreetCarCare #WichitaAutoCare #WichitaAutoRepair #MapleStreetAutoCare #MapleStreetAutoRepair